Welcome at the website
of the Chair of Political Economy
ATTENTION: THIS WEBPAGE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. CURRENT WEBSITE HERE.
The Chair of Political Economy was established in 1953 when the Department of Political Economy was founded. Since 1977 the Department is named the Department of Economic Sciences.
The main fields of interest are institutional economics, history and methodology of economics, and agricultural economics. In addition, the research covers public sector issues like education, taxes, health.
The following researchers are employed in the Chair:
- Professor Jerzy WILKIN (Head of the Chair of Political Economy)
- Professor Marek BEDNARSKI
- Professor Zbigniew HOCKUBA
- Michał BRZEZIŃSKI, Ph D
- Jan Fałkowski, Ph D
- Łukasz HARDT, Ph D
- Maciej JAKUBOWSKI, Ph D
- Krzysztof KOSTRO, Ph D
- Katarzyna KOWALSKA, Ph D
- Beata ŁOPACIUK-GONCZARYK, Ph D
- Katarzyna METELSKA-SZANIAWSKA, Ph D
- Dominika MILCZAREK-ANDRZEJEWSKA, Ph D
- Wiktor RUTKOWSKI, Ph D
- Magdalena OLENDER-SKOREK, MA
- Karol POGORZELSKI, MA
- Tomasz WOŁEK, MA.
Our employees teach the following courses:
Introduction to Economics; Institutions of Market Economies; Methodology of Economics; Public Choice Theory; Common Agricultural Policy and Rural Development Policy; Microeconomics.