Dr Jan Fałkowski
office hours: by appointment
- Institutions, market imperfections and economic policy - seminar, graduate and undergraduate theses (winter & summer semesters)
- Institutional economics - lecture (winter semester) Thursdays 16:45-18:20 room G and Fridays 16:45-18:20 room 110
- Political economy - lecture (summer semester)
Work in progress
- Political inequality and economic inequality - evidence from the transition period in Poland
- Contracting institutions, quality upgrading and trade (with Daniele Curzi and Alessandro Olper)
- Food aid: for food security or making politics?
- The role of social comparisons in agricultural land markets – some evidence from Poland during transition
- Caught between the devil and the deep blue sea? Farmers position in the supply chain: some evidence from Poland (with Agata Malak-Rawlikowska and Dominika Milczarek-Andrzejewska)
- Political competition and policy choices: the evidence from agricultural protection, Agricultural Economics, 2014, 45(2), 143-158 (with: Alessandro Olper)
- Political Reforms and Public Policy: Evidence from Agricultural and Food Policies, World Bank Economic Review, 2014, 28, 21-47 (with: Alessandro Olper and Jo Swinnen).
- Structural Change and Agricultural Policy for SSFs?: a View from the 2004 NMs?, EuroChoices?, 2014, 13(1), 41-45 (with: Emil Erjavec and Luka Juvancic).
- Returns from income strategies in rural Poland, Economics of Transition, 2014, 22(1), 139-178 (with: Maciej Jakubowski and Paweł Strawiński).
- Does market structure influence price transmission in the agro-food sector? A meta-analysis perspective, Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2014, 65(1), 1-25 (with: Zoltan Bakucs and Imre Ferto).
- Political accountability and governance in rural areas: Some evidence from the Pilot Programme LEADER+ in Poland, Journal of Rural Studies, 2013, 32, 70-79.